Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Seasons Change

Day 364, has transitioned me into a “New Season of tearing down and rebuilding.” My entire life that I once knew, was familiar with, I could recite in my sleep has now become a life that is unrecognizable and quite frankly uncomfortable.

It has been a season since my last post of which I am not proud; however, the seasons between July 27, 2011 and July 17, 2013 has been filled with an accumulation of days, months and consequently years of life events. These life events manifested in many forms has changed everything I thought I ever knew. I wish I could state that I remained calm and reflected everything beautiful in the days past; however that would be an untruth.

As I started looking back on this time I asked God the question we “All” ask him when our life is uprooted and thrown about, like a Kansas Tornado and unrecognizable; "Why." The series of "Why's" started running through my mind similar to a montage of Mother Nature’s devastating storms for a moment, … OK, longer than a moment. I felt angry, upset, frustrated, confused, and all the other mentally draining and ineffective emotions that circle within the mind when one feels as if he/she has failed at life, failed at being an example of a Godly person, failed at relationships, and so forth; however, in this case that person was a she … that she was me.

It took me a few days of trying to ignore what had been transpiring in my life and what was currently transpiring in my life- (the list too long to transcribe maybe another time) to wake up- literally I woke up!

Today when I woke up I found myself here, back on this journey I began in January of 2011. God showed up and had something to say to me, not that he ever left my side; moreover, that he in a sense picked me up, cleaned my wounds and began to share with me through His Word “Why’ things change(d).  

This is what he shared -

Ecclesiastes 3:1-22

New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

3 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace
 

Midway through these passages I felt a tug at my spirit and a peace started to blanket my soul like a warm comforting embrace for a lifelong companion. I found myself falling into the passages with a deep sigh of relief and release. God showed me that through all the days, months years of life circumstances and transitions there  was/is/will be “A Time For Everything.”  

These last couple of years I have watched the ‘Seasons Change’ and I am still here to talk write and share what God is showing me though all of the changes.   

As I begun to read more of what he wanted me to know, it was as if he was saying … “Wait, the best has yet to come.” 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  

Pretty amazing wake up call to what should have been the obvious all along, yet we are human and we tend to overcomplicate almost everything.  

Therefore, as Everything changes I assuredly know that life here is temporary just as the Seasons within the days, and the best has yet to come even through our uprooting and rebuilding.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment