Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 337- Door to Sin

Day 337, I sit and reflect on this past week happenings- The week was anything but ordinary and certainly a surprise.  I cannot say the surprise was a good surprise at the initial onset of the news; however, as I started to view the overall picture I am for certain God has some new plans for my life.

I wish I could say I knew/know what these plans are or that everything will be perfectly settling, but what I do know is all my faith and trust is in him.

My personal experience with God and abrupt life changes are usually always warranted.  I have known in my heart things needed to change and was not certain how “I” myself could bring these changes into action.  I struggled for the past two months wondering, questioning, praying, and worrying about how “I” could change my situation.  My first mistake was to think that “I” had the power or authority to change anything, especially other people in my immediate world.

Within, the last couple of months, I found myself in bed for six weeks, literally physically sick and weak.  Hm, an all too familiar cyclical pattern I have in my recent past found myself trapped.  Within these weeks of holding myself hostage to illness, I found I had some time to trace back when the torment had begun, when I opened the door to sin.

Yes, sin…

The sin I found staring back at me was (WORRY).  Yes (WORRY) …
Worry can disguise itself in many forms and manifest symptomatically (At least for me). 

Therefore, whenever God reveals sin in my life he also shows me how to overcome the specific sin.  The Bible reads-

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
Do Not Worry

   -“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow, reap, or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

    “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”-

These scriptures were exactly what I needed.  There is not a Doctor in the World that could have given me the medicine to heal what was wrong with my spiritual being.  Sure, they can prescribe antibiotics, pain medicine and even a strong antidepressant, but really what does masking the problem solve.

Absolutely, NOTHING!

I feel it is time for many of us Christians to face the REAL hard truths concerning many of our emotional issues- (You fill in the blank)…

If we seek to know where we may have opened the door to sin allowing satin a foothold in our life God will show us.  With the truth we will find freedom and healing; however, the sad side of this is most would rather continue to be dependent upon a prescription; a person etc… instead of cast our burdens upon God, where they belong and take the daily prescription of Faith.

Psalm 55:22 (NIV)

“Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”

Therefore, I will focus daily on my spiritual wellness and through prayer and petitions seek God to show me where I may be spiritually weak.  I will not worry about what I cannot change instead cast my concerns to the Lord.  For through trust, faith, and obedience to his word I will find spiritual healing and peace.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)

 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Amen-

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely said, and much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting perspectives, nicely worded Sharmain. MS

    ReplyDelete