Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 341- God’s Love


Day 341, beauty in God and beauty in love. I was reintroduced to God’s love and the magnitude of his love through a friend’s insight and wisdom of the scripture. I would like to think God worked through this particular friend in answer to the questions I have asked for many years and again on “Day 342.” I would like to believe God had a message just for me that he wanted me to receive on the morning of “Day 341.” 

The scripture that melted my heart that was/is filled with pain from the relationships I have loved, lost and sometimes cannot escape-

Ephesians 3:18-

“And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.”

His love is so powerful, that it is hard to "Fathom" in the natural world. It is so beautiful that beauty as we know it cannot compare. The depth of his love is beyond measure. My heart for God cannot expand enough to ever be completely filled...

I may not have had the relationships here in the natural world that my heart has longed for; however, I do have the love that my heart has longed for, and that is the relationship I have with God. 

Sometimes it is so easy to be lost in this natural world and consumed by all the hurt we have experienced, but if we stop looking to the physical senses, we may just see what God is telling us.

Ephesians 3:16-21 (NIV, 2010)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 

 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen”

When we cry out for answers to God our cries are never not heard, they are heard- Just as when our child cries out to us,(their parents) we hear them and answer their cries; however, if we do not cry out how can God  know something hurting us? 

Do not be afraid to call out ...

Psalm 34:17-18 (NIV, 2010)

“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
 he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
 and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

The world and the people “Of the World,” may crush our spirit; however, only for a moment. 

We may feel broken; however, just for a short while… for when we pull close to God we start to heal. We become whole and our heart expands and grows back EVEN bigger.

Therefore, when I hurt I will cry out, when I long for answers I will ask the questions. When I feel unloved by another, I will remember the Love you have for me. I will trust and know even in the moments of pain and despair I have a greater love, an unfathomable love that goes beyond this world and is eternal.

2 comments:

  1. God has recently talked to my heart about my relationships on this earth and how that yearning that I have for them to work is just a fraction of the yearning he has for our personal relationship with HIM. A close friend recently reminded me of this verse: Jeremiah 31:3 (NIV,2010) The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an EVERLASTING love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deni, I just love how God shares with is what is truly important. A friend told me this morning that my heart should be so deeply buried in God it takes others to dig deeper in God to find me. I just loved hearing that! I rather paraphrased what was said, but pretty close to verbatim.

    Thank you for sharing this morning.

    ReplyDelete