Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 360- Love within the Battles

Day 360, started out with the daily routine of getting ready for work and getting my boys ready for school. I am not sure everyone has had the opportunity to; hurriedly rush around in the morning between getting oneself ready for work in unison with getting three boys ready for school. Well, for me this is pretty much how my day starts out 5-Days out of the week. I wish I could say that after 5-years my mornings ran smoothly, NOT! My mornings run as smooth as rush hour traffic on a one-lane highway under construction. No amount of the "Night before preparation," seems to alleviate the chaos. There is always something new that arises and always a battle that needs refereed without fail. Exhausting, absolutely … Repetitive you bet, so how do “ALL” the other mom’s do it? (A question I ask myself at least 5-days a week).

Up before the children, showered and ready, breakfast made, coffee in hand, as she walks gracefully into her  little one’s room to wake them with her soft, soothing “It is time to wake up,” motherly voice. 

Yea, not in this household and definitely not due to the lack of trying, so why is it that for some the daily routine of life is so much easier than for others? 

My daily morning routine made me think about the bigger picture, the bigger struggles that we all face on a daily bases. I do not pretend to know each and every battle that a person struggles with in a day, but what I do know is we all have some battle we fight every day and for some day after day, month after month, and year after year. Soon, the battle no longer appears as a battle and simply becomes a way of life. 

What happens between then and now that stops one from fighting and instead settles?

What if God just simply “Settled?” What if he allowed himself to give up on mankind because the battle was too exhausting and repetitive? What if he had the same attitude many of us have when it comes to the (Many) of the challenges we face daily… 

Thankfully, he did not. The love he had/has for us was and is greater than the battle. We can read this when we read the following scripture.-

John 3:16 (KJV)          

 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Therefore, today I will remember the love I have is greater than the battle and the sacrifice made for me was greater than any sacrifice I could ever make. 

Is the love you have greater than the battle?

No comments:

Post a Comment