Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 359- Perfect Hypocrite

Day 359 left me reflecting on the last week of my journey. Was I the right person to be sharing my life, my heart, and my experiences with others? Then doubt crept in…Who am I to share with family, friends, and strangers my past and present life? I am not a perfect person and I have not lived the perfect life; actually, there has been many times when I have been far from perfect. During those sometimes extended periods of time I considered myself a “Hypocrite.” Yes, a “Hypocrite.”
What is a hypocrite …? Simply put, it is a person who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise. Ouch!
 I know I am not the only one that has been labeled a hypocrite or displayed moments of hypocrisy; however, how really true is this claim?
My actions may have showed I was behaving like a hypocrite, but does that truly mean I was, I am a hypocrite? At first glance, I would have said yes, but then I read again … “A person who (PRETENDS) to have admirable, beliefs or feelings.”
Well, I cannot speak for all of us so called and falsely accused hypocrites; I can only speak for myself. In all the time I may have behaved “Otherwise,” I never once (PRETENDED) to believe or feel otherwise- otherwise to God’s Word! I truly believed and believe in every written word.
I am so thankful to God for his mercy and forgiveness because in his forgiveness I am renewed through sanctification. I thank God that with him and through him I am made perfect.
Now, if man could be just as forgiving.
Matthew 7:1-5 (NIV, ©2010)
 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?  You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Therefore, I may be viewed and labeled as a hypocrite by others, I will not judge or label another; for, whatever I may or could possibly say about another I know there is a greater measure of judgment possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment