Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 358- Faith of a Child

Day 358, when I was a child, I never worried about what I would eat, where I would sleep, or what I would wear. For that matter, I did not care if I ate hot dogs or steak or drank water or Kool aid. I never thought, worried, or stressed about my provisions because I just knew I could ask my mom and she would take care of whatever it was. Now, I am not going to say I received everything I asked for; however, the things that I “Really NEEDED,” were always provided (food, clothes, and a place to live).

The (FAITH and TRUST) I had in my mother was just there … I never doubted it and always had it no matter what happened when I was a child. If I was scared all I had to do was tell her, if I was hungry all I had to do was ask, and for all the other things I never even had to think about, they too were taken care of without me ever worrying about them. She knew my needs before I ever knew them. 

As a child the faith I had in my mother was unmovable, I never doubted her capabilities and never saw her as anything other than perfect no matter what the situation. I may have grown up in a less than perfect World, yet I still knew she would take care of and fix whatever it was.

The faith we had as children is the kind of faith we must carry over with us in our relationship with God as adults. How much more greater is he than our earthly parents? This is a very good thought to ponder on as we reflect back to when we were children or when we look at the faith, our children now have in us. I know personally my children “All” no matter how old they are come to me when they are in need, or want help. I may not always be able to do what they want or ask  at the time, but I make sure that if it is something they need I figure out how to make it happen. 

So, why do we adults with our over analytic minds forget to go to our Father in Heaven for our needs?

Why do we forget to present our request to Him and allow Him to fulfill or meet our need. For, just as our earthly parents whom may not have always given us everything we always “WANTED,” but instead gave us what we “NEEDED,” how much more can our Father in Heaven do and provide for us…

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV, ©2010)

    25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

  28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

The worry and stress we create for ourselves on a daily bases can easily be avoided by trusting our Father for our “US.” What do we really have to lose unless of course one is comfortable with carrying around the baggage of worry and stress. Most of us have worked ourselves to exhaustion trying to handle everything alone, why not surrender the heavy burden of life to our Father and allow him to alleviate the load we carry on a daily bases. 

Today and every day I will remember his promise and dwell in his word. I will not doubt, but have faith for all that he is doing and going to do for me. I do not know what the future holds; however, I will trust in my Father for it. 

Remember daily-

Matthew 6:8 (KJV)

 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.”

Today I will relinquish the worries and stress I have let keep me captive for so long and instead I will carry with me the promises of faith and trust in a Father that loves me.

Therefore, Day 358 for me will be a day of peace  as I rest in Him. My situations may not change; however, the way I think about them will.

No comments:

Post a Comment