Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 353-Justice in Injustice

Day 353, left me a little bedazzled. I was stunned and confused about the injustice this life presents. “Good” people get hurt and individuals of a questionable nature glide through life unscathed from alteration. I know in our daily walk we are not to judge, so I will not. I will; however, ask the question- why does this happen? 

The second I asked the question, I started to receive answers. 

“Good” people may in fact be “Good” people in a “Bad” situation needing an alternate way to look at their current situation. 
 
Maybe “Bad” happens to the “Good” people to open up a different avenue that was overlooked, which may have continued to be overlooked if things continued as were. 
 
Maybe “Bad” things happen to “Good” people so that those “Good” people will use the “Bad” to make something good, so that the “Bad” thing(s) do not happen to another person. For example, look at all the different support groups established due to tragedy. 

On the other hand …

Maybe a “Good” person may have the appearance of being “Good,” and internally be “Bad.”
Who is truly to know, but God?

The following scripture opens the door to understanding for me in times of anxiety caused by the fear of confusion-

Philippians 4:4-9 (NIV, ©2010)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

So, although the world is filled with injustice and inequality, I know my God will balance the scales. I know my God will answer the questions that perplex my physical mind. I know through prayer and petition I will understand what I do not.

Therefore, what to me may appear to be an injustice may be a blessing in disguise and I will dwell in the following passage-

 

Philippians 4:8 (NIV, ©2010) 

 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a reason that bad things happen to good people. We can sit here and say it is to learn from God...but is it? God gave us the right to have choices and sometimes these choices cause bad things.

    A bad person can choose to do something bad to a good person because that is their choice. Our God is good, but does not interfere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I agree with you on one point you have made and that is “God gives us the freedom to choose.” Regardless of the outcome or consequences of one’s choice.

    For example, we can to choose to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, or we can choose to reject him. We can choose to do harm to another person, or we can choose not to. We can to choose to walk a righteous God-fearing life, or we can chose not to.

    I do not feel God makes people do “Bad” things, that is a choice that individual person makes; however, what I do know is God will take that bad situation and work it for the “Good.”

    We can easily read this is the following scripture-

    Romans 8:28

    28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

    In addition, to this, where there is “Good” in the world there is also “Bad”; however, who in the end has control over all things and who in the end will prevail?

    There is a chain reaction that is visible when looking at Bible history and comparing it to the historicity of the world.

    When the bad became to prevalent God did in fact intervene. Look at “The Great Flood,” or at “Sodom and Gomorrah, or if we want to look to the future there will be a time when all this world will come to an end and a new one will begin, “Heaven.” These are just a few examples God gives us when understanding the “Good,” and the “Bad.”

    Therefore, when we do not understand things, situations, circumstances, of the “Bad Nature,” the best place for us to start is by asking God to show us.

    I do not have all the answers, but what I do have is the Bible. So, my rule of thumb is, “When in Doubt take it to God,” then ask him to reveal the answer to you.

    Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete