Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 348- Stagnation


Day 348, today as I sat with a friend I was reminded of how important it is to keep growing. However, growing is not what I was doing the last few months of 2010. The last couple of months of 2010, as I now look back I can see I became stagnant. Just like water that has become trapped between rocks, it stops flowing. 

This was me…

Why do we just stop? 

Why does our water cease flowing? 

I tried to find the point when this happened and still as of yet cannot pinpoint a particular time or instance that stands out as the time of my stagnation. As a result, this leaves me to believe that it was a very subtle, silent progression and before I was even aware, I became stagnate. 

Stagnate defined is simply to fail to develop, make progress, or make necessary changes. 

Therefore, as I sat there and listened to my friend, I realized that every day since the very first night I began this journey I have been progressing. God has been chipping away at the rocks that held me captive. With each chip, I can now see God is creating something new within me. The rocks that once kept me trapped are being formed by Gods hands and what God is forming will be anew. 

2 Corinthians 3:16-20 (Amplified Bible)

"But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom) 18And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit."


No comments:

Post a Comment