Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 346- Perseverance


Day 346, I was delighted to find out that my internet service was down and that I would not be able to post daily, nor complete my school assignments. 

Obviously, I am being a little facetious in my wording; however, after an hour and a half of speaking with several different representatives within this particular company I was told a work order had to be placed and my internet should be back online by Monday. Monday was just a couple of days away so,  I started to feel a little better about the situation. 

I have to admit even though some resolution was in place I was still upset as I had only just began this journey with the daily posts and school had just commenced. 

Thus, finding myself faced with an obstacle...

I am sure I am the only person in the World who has ever come to a roadblock in the path of life… right, NAH!

I began to think and the first thought that came to my mind was one instilled in my mind by my mom. She used to tell me, “When you surrender to God, or pray for a particular attribute such as patience, [or in my case perseverance] be aware that things will look as if they are going backwards before they appear to go  forward. You just have to persevere.” 

This certainly appeared to be a prime example as to what she had mentioned. 

Things looked as if they were going backwards, or more to the point had come to a halting stop as the momentum of the posts and schoolwork just ceased. I have to admit it probably would have been easy just to stop all together; however, I was not looking for easy I was looking to preserver. 

This made me turn to the scriptures and see what God wanted me to learn during this time…

First,

James 1:2-4 (NIV, 2011)

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”

 

I just love this scripture, to be complete, not lacking anything- I cannot even imagine, however if God said it, then it is so…

Then,

Galatians 6:9 (NIV, 2011)

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NIV, 2011)

May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.”

The result of not giving up … “God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.” Enough said.

Therefore, no matter how easy it would be to give up I will not. I will walk through each day knowing I have a purpose. I will not let obstacles take me down or cease the work God is doing in me, through me, and for others … “And [I will]  know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, [and whom] have been called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28 (NIV, 2011)

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment