Monday, January 3, 2011

363 Days to Go.....

363 days to go … What was day 364 like for me on this journey…? Was it easier since I decided to dedicate a year to love … Not at all!

Love is easy as I mentioned when one does not have much to risk. Love is easily given when one does not have to become vulnerable to another; however, love is not easy when one knows that the person/persons they are opening up to and becoming vulnerable to is only going to hurt their heart or not return the love given.

This left me pondering about God and all his heartbreak he must have. He has continually loved us and we have continually hurt him by choosing not to return the love. The unconditional, agape love that was freely given to us even though he knew we would turn away from him, even though he knew we would crucify his Son, yet he still gave it. What God did for me, what God did for humanity was visible by and through his actions. He did not just speak about Love he showed love.

As I walk in this day, I pray for the strength to walk in love so that my actions will speak louder than any words I could ever speak. Today I will meditate on the following passage-

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NIV, ©2010)

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

I do not want to live a nothing life in a nothing world feeling nothing.

Day 363…. What do my actions say about the way I love?

No comments:

Post a Comment